These Pages contain Christian Based Spiritual Messages and links to online resources for Ministers.

 Home Online Bibles Ministers Forums Study Courses
Wedding Ceremonies Rites Of Passage Sermons Australian & NZ links


The laws on Marriage in Australia are a lot different

to those in the United States.


Firstly:- Being an Ordained Minister does NOT give You the legal right to

Perform Marriages.   

You MUST be A minister of an "Approved Church" (Denomination) and

listed by them to perform Marriages according to their Rites and the

LAWS of the Commonwealth of Ausralia.

Secondly:-  You may become a "Civil Celebrant" to perform Marriages.

Also:- You may perform a marriage ceremony if there is

a civil celebrant present to handle the legalities and signing. 

Below are some links to the relevant government Laws and other church related sites.

Rev Richard Barnett (NZ)

Marriage Celebrant Program

List of Recognised Denominations

edcrain @

webmaster @